Sunday, September 1, 2013

100 days to go! 25 weeks 5 days

My app says 100 days to go... almost nearing the end of the second trimester. My baby shower/seemanta/ godh bharai is happening on the 15th of September. I cannot believe that it's me who's the pregnant one. As a child, you dream of being the star of your birthday, eventually you move on to your big glitzy wedding.... but baby shower? Ive never thought about that. But now, here I am. Had to buy a 'green' saree that represents fertility. Im sure it will languish with my other sarees forever.
I also get back to work tomorrow, after a long break of 1 month. I m hoping to go to work without any breaks for the next 2 months & then take it easy in November. I just hope fate or destiny or whatever it is that usually has different plans for you, agrees with me.
Meanwhile im trying to fit my ever expanding tummy into my old clothes, the ones I wore prior to my running days. Most seem fine, but the trip to the maternity store for some real mommy clothes is looming somewhere around the corner.
Baby's kicking & moving about. I also think I felt hiccups or that's what all those books are telling me.Mr J is a little slow in picking up the movements but sometimes when baby is really energetic , it cant escape J too.
We both wonder at how our life's going to change. It was always the two of us. Now we have to accommodate the third one. Im kicked about it, but I also wonder how things will never be the same again.
There's some baby furniture to buy, but we have put that off to later.
Right now, the house is quiet. I can just hear the fans rotating, once in a while Sam or Pushpa scratch their ears or tails, and I can only hear the ratatatat of the keyboard as I type. I smile as I hope the silence will be broken soon. Id cherish it yet miss the silence . It's a strange feeling.But I know the chaos is what will make my house into a home, our twosome into a complete threesome. We'll be a family. with 3 beautiful dogs. :)
More on the doggy bit in another post. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment